The warm glow of candles can help set the mood for holiday celebrations, but did you know that a home fire caused by candles is reported in the United States every 34 minutes?
The majority of candle fires result from human error and negligence. Candle fires and the damage they can cause are preventable.
• If possible, avoid using lighted candles.
• If you must use candles, place them in sturdy holders.
• Keep candles away from children and pets.
• Extinguish candles after each use.
• Never leave burning candles unattended.
Learn what you can do to prevent a tragic candle fire from starting in your home at www.usfa.fema.gov/winter/.